First, let us know about the printing industry:
1. What are our main printing methods at present?
(1) Offset printing (very extensive in China, stable quality process, such as newspapers, magazines, packaging, PVC, stickers)
(2) Gravure printing (cigarette label, wine label, instant noodle pocket, sugar paper, etc.)
(3) Screen printing (according to the printing characteristics, the number of printing can be very small, dozens of sheets can be printed, the shape of the printing plate can be changed, for example: the surface can be printed, the substrate is wide! The printing ink layer is thick The purpose of the net can not be changed, so you can use mercerized ink, ice ink and UV to do special effects!)
(4) Flexible version (printed packaging, substrate material is relatively wide! Especially for plastic products and corrugated boxes have unique advantages)
(5) Inkjet printing (previously used mainly for the printing of anti-counterfeiting barcodes, it is now better for relatively fine prints, especially for the short-run market, the biggest development is the use in digital proofing. In addition, the printing format can be almost infinite! The application in the market has already had a relatively stable market.)
(6) Pad printing (the principle is like stamping, the shape of the substrate that can be printed is also diverse, such as the printing of toothpaste, the printing speed is faster than the silk screen!)
(7) Digital printing (compared with HEIDELBERG's DI series, ROLAND's DICO毓, and HPINDIGO; some products from Xerox (many times people put inkjet printing in this category). Short time, there is a unique advantage for short-run printing. The market trend is of course self-evident), in fact there are many other printings, but they are some of their own characteristics can produce some special effects in the printing, such as Lithographic printing can have a good artistic effect on printing Chinese painting on rice paper!
2. What are our common prints? Classification of printed materials (classified by the ultimate product):
(1) Office category: refers to office-related printed matter such as letter paper, envelopes, and office forms.
(2) Propaganda category: refers to a series of prints related to corporate propaganda or product promotion, such as VI manuals, posters, leaflets, brochures, product manuals, desk calendars, calendars, invitations, and handcuffs.
(3) Production category: refers to large quantities of printed matter directly related to the production of packaging boxes and self-adhesive labels.
3. What is the workflow of the printed matter?
(1) Prepress printing refers to the work in the early stage of printing, generally refers to photography, design, production, typesetting, filming, etc.;
(2) Printing the medium-term printing work, the process of printing the finished product through the printing machine;
(3) Post-pressing refers to the post-printing work, generally refers to the post-processing of printed matter, including cutting, laminating, die-cutting, paste bag, decoration, etc., which are mostly used for propaganda and packaging.
4. What are the main printing related equipments at present?
(1) Prepress equipment: film issuing machine, proofing machine, computer, color inkjet machine, laser scanner, etc.
(2) Printing equipment: roller printing machine: printing newspapers, books, magazines, albums, domestic and imported; according to the size of the printing format can be divided into full-open printing machine, on the boot, four boot, eight boot; The printing color of the printing machine is further divided into a monochrome printing machine, a two-color printing machine, a four-color printing machine and the like. Printing equipment is also divided into manual operation, mechanical operation, and computer-automatic operation.
(3) Post-press equipment: some post-press processing equipment such as page-cutting machine, paper cutting machine, bronzing machine, embossing machine, die-cutting machine, coding machine, laminating machine and binding machine.
(4) Other printing equipment: self-adhesive printing professional machine, computer-specific single-printing machine, business card special machine, speed printing machine, copier, packaging, carton printing machine, etc.
5. What are the mainstream printing equipment in the domestic printing industry?
Take the four-color machine as an example: Heidelberg (eight production areas: Germany), KBA (offer: Germany), Komori (origin: Japan), Liangming (four places of origin: Japan), Manroland (origin: Germany), Guanghua (origin: Shanghai), in which European and American printing machine manufacturers have become the world leader in printing presses and related equipment with its cutting-edge product technology, comprehensive printing solutions and quality services.
6. What is a four-color printing machine?
(1) What is four-color printing?
The four-color printing process generally refers to a printing process that uses yellow, magenta, cyan primary inks and black ink to replicate the various colors of a color original.
(2) What is spot color printing?
Spot color printing refers to the use of yellow, magenta, and blue. A printing process in which other colors of ink other than black ink are used to copy the original color. In the packaging and printing, a large-color background is often printed by a spot color printing process.
(3) What products must use a four-color printing process?
Photographs taken in color photography that reflect the rich and varied nature of nature, painters' color works, or other images containing many different colors, must be electronically extended for technical reasons or economic considerations. Or the color desktop system scans the color separation, and then uses the four-color printing process to copy.
7. How much do you know about printing paper?
(1) Unit of paper:
A. grams: the weight of one square meter of paper;
B. Order: 500 paper unit order (factory specification);
C. Tons: 1 ton = 1000 kg as usual units, used to calculate paper prices.
(2) Paper specifications and names
A. Paper is most commonly available in four sizes:
1 positive paper: 1092 mm long and 787 mm wide;
2 generous paper: 1194 mm long and 889 mm wide;
3 Carbon-free paper: There are positive and generous specifications, but there are paper, medium and paper, and the paper price is different, among which the medium paper is more expensive.
B. The most common name for paper:
a, typing paper (color paper): 28g positive specifications: for joint orders, forms, there are seven color points: white, yellow, blue, green and so on.
b, glossy paper: 1, 28-40g positive specifications: one side with light, for joint orders, forms, notes, for low-grade printing paper.
c. Writing paper: 55-100 generous and positive, used for low-grade printed matter, with the most domestic paper.
d. Double-adhesive paper: 60-150g generous and positive. It is used for domestic, joint venture and import of medium-grade printed matter. (60g, 70g, 80g, 100g, 120g, 150g)
e, news paper: 55-60g roller paper, positive paper, newspaper selection.
f, carbon-free paper: 47-52g generous, positive degree, there is direct replication function, divided into upper, middle and lower paper, the upper middle and lower paper can not be exchanged or reused, the paper price is different, there are seven colors, commonly used In the joint order, form.
g, coated paper: double copper 80-300g is positive and generous, used for high-grade printed matter. (80g, 105g, 128g, 157g, 200g, 230g, 250g, 300g)
h, sub-powder paper: 105-300g for elegant, high-end color printing. (105g, 128g, 157g, 200g, 230g, 250g, 300g)
i. Gray-white paper (white paper, white gray paper): 250g or more, white ash, used for packaging.
j, white cardboard: 230-300g double-sided white, used for mid-range packaging. (210g, 230g, 250g, 300g, 350g,)
k, kraft paper: 80-150g for packaging, carton, file bag, portfolio (120g), envelope (ordinary envelope 100g). (60g, 80g, 100g, 120g, 150g with white kraft paper)
Playing cards and cards mainly use 280 g 300 g 350 g